Monday, September 27, 2010

Broken Body

Despite being certain that no one will want to read a blog by me and being pretty confident that I will always feel lame that I can't write clever things, I have decided to start a blog.  There are a few different things I'd like to use this blog for... some venting (but I'll try to keep that to a minimum), sharing ideas and insights AND getting advise (so hopefully someone will read this).
There are lots of things that I can write about for this entry--- life has been busy and interesting lately!  My Birthday was this weekend and I turned the big 26 - a big deal for a girl who considered herself a "grannie" at her 21st birthday (and recieved grannie panties as a result--- are those pictures I really want to add on here? and if I were to do that, how would I add it??!!)  ahhh I figured it out...

  It turned out to be a wonderful birthday with lots of fun with my Hubby and kids!!
So on to the subject of the title (do people say that?)... I ended up going to the hospital early in the morning at the urge of Healthlink with stomach pains that are really starting to get on my nerves.  I had a baby at the end of January and have been having stomach pains/cramps similar to prelabor pains for the past two months.  I was sure I was pregnant but all tests say no.  I went to Urgent Care last week which  got me an ultrasound and a followup appt with my family doctor (who is an amazing dr!).  At my followup appt I found that the ultrasound was completely normal and without giving too much detail that you probably don't want to read about I ended up getting prescribed two antibiotics.  After taking these for 3 days, my pains became more consistant and more painful, hence the early morning call to healthlink.  So at the hospital, I get multiple tests spanning over quite a few hours, and eventually get sent home being told that I had no infection (so stop taking the antibiotics) and that everything is normal - "here are 6 percocet to help you deal with the pain".
Frustration - alittle bit... I've been pretty bummed out and not really knowing where to go from here.
I wish I was on Star Trek Voyager with one of those lightflashing fixers that heal any problem... (sorry I'm not sure what it's actually called as I'm new to the Star Trek world too).
Hope you enjoy reading the blogs and I welcome suggestions and questions to keep things rollin'

4 comments:

  1. I once read a blog post by one of my favorite bloggers (The Pioneer Woman), and she said a few things on blogging. 1. Write what you think. Don't try to make your posts proper and grammatically correct because it takes away from your personality. Write how you would speak. 2. Blog often. Your readers whether old or new, will get to know you through your writing. Plus, it helps YOU as you look back... you can see how far you've come and what you've accomplished and overcome. So those are my tips for blogging. Obviously I don't really blog that often because, well... what would I blog about? 'Today I saw a spider and I killed it. I got mad when I noticed Warren hadn't taken out the garbage, again.' But you get the idea... MB and 'the baby' are way more entertaining and so far, I've enjoyed reading your blog. You have your personality all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should sue you for posting that photo!! So sorry to hear you're still having pain. My advice, go to a new location next time...hopefully there won't be.

    Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad for you, I hope something gets figured out. You are such a trooper. I agree with you about the star trek healing thing - that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Blog...and you ARE a great and creative writer! I love the photo's you put in they fit so well with the story...esp. that last one! MB and little "C" have no option but to be cute too with parents like you and Hugh! (I hold bragging rights on this!)
    Can I add one of my favorited stories? I loved to see this in person and have no idea if I can convey it so that your readers will get the "picture" but...
    Tressa and the two "wee ones" and I all headed out to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house in BC. I was a little nervous as to how the trip would go as my parents home is always so quiet and peaceful and here we were arriving with a party of 4 and all of us natural noise makers...It all turned out good though and I think MB set the pace at dinner. There she was a plate ful of Great Grandma's homemade noodles covered with the fried cracker and butter mixture (a Definite favorite of mine!!)and she would pick a noodle up and drop it into her mouth and push it in with her tiny,little hand and now you have to imagine this part - her cute chubby cheeks all shiny with butter and her blonde hair shining as she looks over to her Mom (who is by the fireplace so MB is speaking loud enough to get approval for her comments). She slowly moves her head side to side while saying "MMMmmmmmmm, mmmm, mmmm.....this is Soooo goood!.
    Yep, she won over Great Grandma's heart and set the pace for 'a fantastic visit' and a tale for her Grandma to tell forever.
    We love you and Hugh and your two wee ones Tress...thanks for sharing all this stuff with us!!

    ReplyDelete