Thursday, March 3, 2011

Not super impressed...

Well I've been avoiding writing on my blog for a few weeks now.. and definitely didn't do the full 30 day challenge - but I'm okay with that - I hope you guys are too!  Lots has been happening over the last few weeks and I'm feeling a bit of a need to 'let it out'... So, here's my sounding board
Right now I'm really feeling frustrated - My neice and nephew were taken into foster care two weeks ago, and I've basically had to work and wait to get one of them into my home... they seemed to want to put it off forever, but today is the day everything is moving forward, only it's 8:24pm and I JUST heard from her foster mom - she was supposed to contact me today to arrange the transfer, and never did... finally around 6pm I started calling her number that was given to me... and by 630 I left a voicemail.... No calls... 8 pm hits and I'm totally stressing over things, so I call the 24hr number to confirm that I didn't mess up the details and to see what they would recommend.  They stated that this was way late to be bringing a child, and they would try to contact the worker on the same number I had - I guess they had luck and the lady finally called. 
Luckily there was no need to worry, but now when my neice comes I'm going to have to wake up my daughter to get her to bed - I just think it was alittle unconsiderate.

I actually don't like to vent that much, but since Hugh wasn't home, I just needed the outlet, so thanks for 'listening' or reading.   Other things in my life are actually really wonderful.  I feel grateful to have such a supportive husband and he's been helping extra with my neice coming.  And our children are seriously stellar!  I think things will work well with my neice here, I've already seen changes happening that will allow me to deal with 'everything' better and so I know that Heavenly Father's hand is in all of this.  I'm grateful to be able to see His love and concern for me.  I guess that's enough for now - I'll hopefully get on here again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, what a horrible situation. I'm so sorry! I hope things work out and MB goes back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That women shouldn't be fostering it sounds like. Dayra will love it so much in your home. You are such a good person to be around.

    Vent away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tressa, you are an amazing person and I know you will make such a difference in the life of Dayra. She is a lucky girl to be staying with you guys. I sure love you and your family! I think of you often and will be praying for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete