Thursday, January 20, 2011

A picture of you and your friends

Day 3 - a 'picture' of me and my friends - so I have visuals for you but also want to paint a brief 'picture' for you of my friends!
This is J-Ro and myself at YW's camp. She's an amazing mother of 4 and full of competition! We have a great time teasing each other and trying to manipulate each other.  I'm always shocked at her energy and how much she can accomplish, she is a true partier and such a fun person! As mentioned in a previous post, I'm really grateful for my friendship with Jenny because she's helped me become more social - I feel more myself around her and getting back into being silly and having fun has helped me be a better wife and mother.  She's such an example to me.
Kels-o is my friend inlaw (you know, how a sister inlaw becomes an automatic Sister?!)  She married Hugh's and my friend Warren and moved countries for him (from the States). Before I even met her, I wanted to be friends.  She's got mad cooking/baking skills and is always sharing her goodies with us.  Kelsey keeps me laughing with the little details she notices, and she keeps me on my toes (as I'm always trying to be aware of my little details that may be dorky).

Patricia, my dear friend from YW's and the good ol' high school days.  I don't know how we've been so lucky, but we've basically been adopted into Patricia's amazing family - we love them!
Sad to report, Patricia left Canada in high school so we've had to keep most of our contacts long distance, but that's what amazes me about our friendship, we've actually stayed in touch!  Patricia has two amazing (and Brilliant children) and is the most talented person (and her kids get to benefit from the funnest things because of her mad skills).  Patricia has the ability to teach herself anything (guitar, professional cake decorating to name a few) and become a true expert in it!  I've accepted that I can't compare, but I'm always being blown away and feel motivated by her example to be a better Mom myself!
Oh, Lonnie Mae aka Lou-lou (that's her self given nickname that I love). This is my Mexican Cousin - who I truly believe is the most loved person by everyone in my extended family.  To those who 'know' her, they probably would be surprised that once you break through her shy exterior she is the most wild, hilarious and interesting person they will ever meet!  I feel lucky that I've been able to know the true Lonnie instead of the shy girl - my childhood and teenage years are full of the funnest times dancing and singing (btw, she has a truly killer voice!!!) Everytime I'm with Lonnie, we get back into our usual silly interaction of singing and dancing (almost without fail!) Lonnie has a talent to make me laugh and feel happy. I love her!

Two birds with one stone. Here are Lesley (righty-tighty) and Eryn (lefty lucy) at my bridal shower.  Again, amazing friends - that's what we are supposed to surround ourselves with right? Well, I've been successful! I've known Lesley my whole life and always loved her and her family - and we seem to be on the same track as we got married months apart and then our first babies are 2 wks apart.  Lesley's super talented at making people feel comfortable and shows true interest and love for everyone!   Now, Eryn (my E.T. -eternal twin) I was so shocked to discover how similar Eryn and I are - We would say the same things, think the same way and have strange similarities.  I miss Eryn, and truly haven't talked with her for months, but I had to include her on this list!
Beautiful Wendy (Patricia's Mom) is one of my best friends! She and Eric, as I mentioned before have been so good to our family.  My children look to her as another grandma/nana and she's forever spoiling them.  Everyone feels loved around Wendy - she has a huge heart and is forever going 'all out' serving others.  She's such a beautiful woman inside and out!  Wendy is also an amazing cook/baker... and her sweets are out of this world - they seriously blow my mind, I never knew things could taste so good!!!
Serena and Kim - Roomies extraordinaire!  These two are probably the hardest to write about as we have so many good memories and times together and HOW can someone sum that up? Serena is a giver - she shared all her clothes with me (often dressing me and making sure I looked decent before leaving the house) and she even shared her room and bed with me for months (I know that sounds weird, but it was like a sleepover every night).  Serena always had all the boys inlove with her (actually, so did Kim) and she is a lady who speaks her mind, which is so funny.  Serena was the first to get married and have babies (her babies are gorgeous!) and I'm sad she lives far away, but whenever we get together we just 'pick up' from where we left off!
Kim is another true partier - she seems to make friends so easily and everyone loves her.  She and her hubby Mark are always doing something interesting (and I try not to be a stick in the mud anymore).  She is a creative person with great humor and although we too have a great distance between us (she lives in NY) we've stayed close over the years and I feel like she's one of the few people I can share anything with.  She's supported me through so much and stands as a great example to me.
I love my friends, and I have so many people that I am so grateful to have in my life. I'm truly blessed!

4 comments:

  1. You just put me on here because I put you on mine... huh?! Hahaha, nice picture!! You have some awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a weiner- i put you up because you are one of my awesome friends... duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tressa, I feel so blessed to have you as my friend. You are such a blast and I love hanging out with you. I love your comments and I can see how much the young women look up to you! You truly are an amazing person and a spiritual giant. Thanks for being an example to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! ...and this made me miss you so much today. I feel like we need to plan a weekend away very soon. You, me and Serena.

    ReplyDelete